Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Vacation

This is my youngest son on the way home from vacation! I accidentally posted the pics backwards! oops!


This is "Miles the Monster"....he lives at the race track in Dover, De....known as the "Monster Mile". It is a mile long track, and they race at pretty high speeds. The race was so awesome! We were even on tv! The people and fans were so incredible...they were appropriate and considerate of our large family. LOTS of people were looking out for the kids and made kind comments. One lady even said she was sorry for swearing in front of the kids! Another lady came up and gave them all bags of chips cause they were being so good...and the man behind us told them all he couldn't believe how well behaved they were during the 5 hour race. The guy beside us was even hanging out with colton and was letting him lean on him during the race....great people. We had awesome weather...our guy stunk~ LOL



Ryan Newman's car on pit road....Go #39~~




We took them to the beach...it was chilly...but it was their first time....amazing!










And the campground where we stayed....Jellystone Park! So super cool and fun! Our cabin was right next to Yogi the Bear's cabin! How lucky for us!! We went on hayrides with Yogi, exercised with Yogi, played basketball with Yogi and much more! The kids had a blast at the park and made new friends! We did too! It was a great vacation! God protected us and provided for us....couldn't ask for more! I could go on and on with "funny stories" about silly stuff the kids did...but I would be here all day....we had that much fun!






4 comments:

  1. Kim,

    I was wondering what happened to you. You've been having a "grand ole' time" with family! :)

    It looks as well as sounds like you had a great vacation, too! I loved the picture of seeing your children standing on the beach. What a great little bunch of blessings you have there. :)

    Thanks for sharing the pictures. Hopefully, you'll be able to transition easily into your daily house work routine. Every time I go on vacation, it's hard for me to get back into the swing of things.

    -L. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great time! I'm so glad you got to spend time with your family in such a fun way!

    What a blessing!

    I was glad to get your email. I can totally relate with what you were saying, and I'll write back hopefully this evening!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you have a good time! It sounds great! How exciting to be at the races! My father would be envious, I'm sure! :)

    Thanks for stopping in at my blog. I know I've been negligent in visiting others'.

    Enjoy your day, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun for your family Kim. I've been thinking about you and thought to myself I haven't seen you post lately. Thought I'd pop over to see what's up. We love Jellystone Park. Every summer for the last 6 years we have had a child work there which means free for all for our family. It is right down the road from us and we love going over whenever!! Hope you are doing well. Love the pics from your trip.

    ReplyDelete