Friday, June 17, 2011

How It Went Down & a Sad Story With A Happy Ending


Ok...so thanks to you all for your tips on grocery shopping!! Here's what i did...I made complete lists of what we eat for all meals...like, meatloaf, homemade bread & beans....I listed meals for all 3 meals, snacks & desserts. I picked a menu from my list, and made a grocery list from my menu! Simple & effective! I got no weird stuff...just stuff that was actually needed for the week! I tried really hard to think of everything we had going on through the week, when we were going to have company, be busy, have a vet appt...things like that. I set a budget...I did go over a bit...but I was still happy! Each week will get easier, I'm sure! So...now I know what meals I am going to make & I don't have to annoy my family with the QUESTION...you know the one, "what should we have for dinner???"! I even planned snacks! I'm sure this is second nature to some for you...but like I said before...it has been a thorn in my side for 13 years!
Now for the sad story....

the cat pictured above was Ty's beloved cat, Nala. She was a stray cat that found us 7 years ago. She and Ty were BEST friends! I have honestly never seen a human/animal relationship like the one they had. Yesterday morning at 5:15 I was walking out to the car with Rob and we were actually talking about how much the cat loved Ty, because we saw the cat across the road. Keep in mind, we live way out in the sticks, every one's animals roam freely. Well, as soon as we said that a truck went whizzing by and hit the cat...killing it. It was so sad. Ty was DEVASTATED. Long story short...we got a number from my MIL of an old lady who had a kitten dropped off at her trailer in town and she had to get rid of it. We called and went to see it. She is so cute and SMALL, She can't even be 6 weeks old. Her name is Ally and she is the newest member of our family! She's so sweet and we love her. We are really missing Nala, but this has helped the kids some.
Another bit of sad news....I have had my dog, Casey, for 14 years...he is starting to loose his functions. We are going to the vet tonight to see what can be done for him. We are hoping he will be able to take a pill to control his bladder, but we need to check on his overall health. Please pray for us today, he goes to the vet at 3:30.
There always seems to be so much going on....but I feel so blessed to be able to see God's Hand in it all. I watched yesterday as God put amazing people and events into ty's life yesterday to just encompass him in love....like this, the McDonalds cashier couldn't find the toy Ty wanted with his Mighty Kids meal (grandma & grandpa ttok him to lunch) so he bought him a hot fudge sundae from his own pocket! God's grace is amazing....all the time.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kim, I'm so sorry to hear about the kitty..and now your dog having trouble. I know animals can really be an important part of family! I'm glad your Ty is feeling lots of love right now, during this difficult situation. I will pray for your family and the vet visit.

    I'm so happy to hear that you made the list and stuck to it! Anything we are used to doing that gets changed will take time to get where we want. I'm sure you'll save more and more money as you begin to perfect your list and anticipation of needs! Nothing costs more than running to the store for things frequently, OR going in a frenzy of not really knowing what to buy.

    You are doing great, and I'm so proud of you! Love you lots and keep us posted on Casey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the list. Your post inspired me to do better too. So sorry about the animal troubles. Hope all goes well at the vet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame their little souls don't go to heaven!

    ReplyDelete