Wednesday, April 6, 2011

When Hubby Shuts Down Plan "A"

I was working on painting the little girl's room and was at a point where I needed Rob's help...even though he has expressed to me he was not wanting to get into any projects right now. He said it was fine for me to do things that I could do by myself, he was just too busy. I think I ignored that or something....LOL....Not on purpose, I was just "focused"! The little girl's room has a very tall ceiling that is peaked and I "needed" him to paint it. That was my plan "A". I had already painted the trim, and the room looks silly as is. He said "no"! gasp! LOL...what...."no"?? Had I listened to my loving husband the FIRST time, as I should, I would not be in this "mess" of sorts! But here I am. I now have a goofy room that I cannot paint! This is my natural consequence, and I deserve it....fully! So what do you do when hubby shuts down plan "A"?? You move on to plan "B" with a more gentle and submissive spirit! And I'll guarantee that it will not involve Rob's help :) He loves to help me, don't get me wrong....but he just re-did our kitchen and since we did it as we could afford it...it took 3 months! Lots got put off during this time...all 3 of our vehicles need repair, barns need cleaned out when the manure thaws, pastures need work, hooves trimmed, etc....you know, guy stuff :0) Plan "B" looks like this.....do the best I can to make the ugly, goofy, room look pretty! LOL...I am going to HURRY and get that room done, so I don't have to think about my offense to my husband anymore! I'm so glad for a forgiving husband and mostly a forgiving God!

4 comments:

  1. Painting ceilings are hard work to be sure. And so is listening to our husbands!! I've learned the hard many times in our lives together.

    Hope you get that room pretty again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy..I often have to learn the hard way, as well!

    Great post, and you'll do fine in making it look beautiful without paint..

    I really really try to not continually add things to my husband's list of to-do's. He really does a lot, and I know he is very mindful to not add to mine unless very much needed. I appreciate him and his hard work!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, ouch. Good luck with the paint. Ceilings are hard. I wish you the best of luck in tackling it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim,

    Oh dear! Well, I have been in situations like this myself in only my 5 years of marriage, and it's quite a painful lesson to learn, isn't it?

    At any rate, let us know how you got the ceiling painted. :)

    -LR

    P.S. Did you change the color of your blog posts? It was a little difficult for me to read. Maybe it's my browser???

    ReplyDelete