Friday, April 8, 2011

Zip Lock Bags & God

As I was making monkey bread for breakfast this morning, I was shaking the biscuit pieces with cinnamon & sugar in a zip lock bag. I found myself thinking and chuckling about how glad I was that I trusted this zip lock bag or else I would have a real mess on my hands! That led me to think about all the other things I put my "trust" in...my vacuum, my computer, my van, my phone, my checkbook, my church, my friends...the list goes on and on...I had to evaluate where I was with God....do I trust Him more than a zip lock bag? you bet I do! The tricky part is putting things into perspective...and to not lean on the "things" that I "trust" during my daily life more than I lean on my Lord....He must be forefront in my mind...hmmm...something to think about for me today :0)

4 comments:

  1. Very good analogy! I'm working on that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim,

    Thanks for the reminder. I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post! Sometimes these simple little reminders in our day truly show us that our hearts are meditating on Him, even in the smallest tasks!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for all nice comments :0)

    Jamie...it's nice to hear from you! I am doing well! I will email you later today or tomorrow...want to catch up..."talk" to ya soon!

    ReplyDelete