Saturday, February 7, 2009

Blast From the Past!

Well, at Walmart today I had a blast from the past! I ran into an old high school friend! It was very nice to see her and I truly enjoyed talking to her. This is someone who I kept in distant contact with over the years, I have witnessed to her, she didn't want to hear it, so we kinda drifted. Anyways, she lost a bunch of weight and looks great, but to hear about the life she lives and the lives of all the other people whom I used to "hang out" with was SO sad! Most are childless, unmarried, or divorced, unsettled and still thinking life is a party. It brought to my attention how very grateful I am that the Lord saved me from that life....or that would be me...kinda...I got married at 18 and had DD at 19...so I would have been married and with a child, but still no different. This also brought to my attention that I REALLY need to pray for these "old friends"...they need Christ! I need to live a life that honors Him, so I can be a light...I don't have a clue where to find these "old friends"...I might run into them every few years or so...but if my life is a reflection of God's love, maybe they will see the light!
Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of most of my high school classmates...so many of them have had children outside of marriage in the 4 years since we have been out of school and many that did get married are divorced already. Thanks for this reminder to pray for those folks!

    ReplyDelete