Monday, February 2, 2009

When to lay off....and chit chat

Well, we are going through a very hard time with tow of our foster children's grandparents. The boys are very well settled with us, call us mom and dad...they are happy. BUT...the one set of grandparents want the kids. There are 4 of them, the other 2 are older than mine, but the grands are only trying to get my two because they are upset that the kids have bonded so closely with my family. I know doing foster care that you have to give the kids up...we have been doing this for years, we know the routine.... but these grandparents just sat back and watched these kids be neglected day after day, year after year, and did nothing to stop it and now they want the kids!!! NO WAY!! the kids' quality of life would be so poor living with them that I actually think they would be better off back with the parents! (and no, that would not be a good thing! )....we are willing to adopt them, and the family who has the other 2 are willing to adopt them ( we are related to the other family,so the kids would even have the same last names! )...but we are waiting to see what happens with these grandparents. When the grandparents have the kids...they come back smelling of smoke (very smelly), only have eaten junk, the baby always has wet through at least 2 outfits, and they are exhausted! The case workers know all of this, but still the judge can do what he wants! Now, to my point...I am trying o hand this over to the Lord...it is SO hard, And I am feeling very torn. Where do I lay off?? Am I to sit back and just wait, or do I keep voicing my opinion, emailing and calling those in charge?? I DO NOT want to take this into my own hands as I KNOW I will fall short...only God can take care of this. It is incredibly hard to wait and do nothing. I wish my flesh was stronger. Please pray for these boys and their little lives, as they are so worth saving!

Ok...so my chit chat :) Today is Monday! Back to the grind! I am excited to get back to it...it always refreshes me when Monday rolls around..the kids are too, believe it or not! We have a lot to do today! I am going to clean house...do school...and I am getting back with my diet and exercise routine. I am also back to making a list each morning! you would be shocked if you knew all that I forgot to do while I was not making a list each day! I was disgusted with myslef...lol...So, I feel re-newed and refreshed today! It's only morning, the kiddos just walked down the steps, so I hope I can carry out this feeling throughout the day!

Today's frugal doing I am going to talk about it my long distance....we use Grand Central...it is free long distance offered through google....we don't have cells anymore as we didn't really like them, so we can get by with just a land line..much cheaper! My sister, sister in law, and brother, brother in law, and a few friends are all long distance, so this really helps out!

Have a blessed Monday! I must go...the baby is up!

1 comment:

  1. now i'm not so sure we are related after reading your blog today (ha-ha) your monday joy is too much for me. i still think mondays should be outlawed and used only for strict recovery missions!!! anyway love your valentines decorations the heart pillows are so cute :) tell the kids to save some of the candy in the candy jars for aunt smelly :) love ya bye

    ReplyDelete