Wednesday, February 11, 2009

simplify

This was interesting....about a month ago we moved all the toys into one room (all the downstairs toys)...and when we did that we cut our toys in half...(we have 5 little ones who play with them)...not one child noticed that there were less toys! So, Monday we went through and cut the toys in half again..still not one child noticed! That is telling me that I wasted hundreds of dollars on toys that nobody cares about! It made me sick, but also encouraged me at the same time. I realized that we don't need much to be happy or "entertained". I have always felt bad if I could not get my kids a lot of toys for Christmas and Birthdays...but obviously they are not feeling bad! If they don't play with most of the toys they have that shows me that they don't need them and I NEED to quit buying so much! I feel even more refreshed and can't wait to go through the house with my walmart bag and get rid of more "stuff" that is not needed. I bet I could really cut my cleaning time in half! I have already done this and decluttered a lot...and I keep doing it. But this time it is a bit different, I am seeing the difference between what I want and what I need and how long will I care about getting something that I just "want" compared to something really useful?? I don't know if that makes a bit of sense or not..lol...but that is what is running through my simple mind today :) Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment