Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cleaning Out!

The kitchen is done...kind of :0) We REPAINTED the entire thing...but we now want to paint the door and fix the flooring...so it's not all the way done, but close! I will try to post pics tomorrow, I tried to take pics today, but the sun was too bright and I couldn't get a good picture. Since the kitchen looks so nice, it made the dining room look bad. We have gutted and re-done the dining room within the last few years, so I just had to clear out clutter and clean. I did that yesterday, and it looks great! Today I noticed how bad the mud room looks, it is connected to the dining room....one thing leads to another! So, today and for as long as it takes, I am going to clearing out and cleaning the mud room. This room is a mish mash of stuff...it's serves as our mud room and our computer room/school room. We do school together at the table, but 2 kids have desks out here and there is our home computer they use for math and games. So, it's kind of strange and messy. The kitchen and dining room are now bright colored and cheery...so I am trying to make this room the same! It will be fun~ For today I cleaned off the desk, and all the shelves and totes above the desk...cleaned the bookshelf, and I cleaned out and sorted one of my canning cupboards...I think I have like 80 jars of squash! I did find some potatoes and carrots that I had canned....some beets too! I thought those things were gone, so that is a nice treat! I now need to clean out the play-dough box! EEKK! I looked through a bit and found out where my husband put all of my cake decorating tips! He gave them to the kids for play-dough! I have been looking for them, and he said he just thought that was where they went because the cookie cutters are in there! LOL....Time to get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment