Friday, February 18, 2011

Library Day!

With making the choice to go back to doing our regular homeschool comes library day! Oh...how we have missed it! It felt so good to finally have time to go again! The library we go to is about 1/2 hr away and it's the coolest place EVER! They have a full size Thomas the Train table, a Lego table, bean bags, computers, games, puzzles, coloring supplies and more! I am teaching the kids about the government, and I was able to find lots of great children's books about the topic...we are learning about biomes, and I found lots of books about the biome the children chose...lots of books to read to the littles...and of course the bigs picked out free time reading books :0) We had a great time! It was funny...I had 8 kids and they were so quiet, and well behaved...other people were commenting on how good they were being...I think they missed it too! They practiced the game "don't break the sugar bowl" all the way there to make sure they were ready to be silent! LOL...I love library day! Can't wait for 2 weeks to pass and we can go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment