Monday, October 25, 2010

Looking Back

Since our adoption is coming soon I have spent some time reflecting on the last few years. It seems now like things flew by...but during some of our rough times, things seemed to move very slowly! I can hardly believe we are this close to having all of the children REALLY be OURS! It's more than I could have ever dreamed for! There were times where I was sure it wasn't going to work out....times where I really wasn't sure I wanted it to work out! There were times we were scared to death that other people were going to win custody of the boys. Times where we couldn't understand why things were at a stand still. Hard and sad times of testifying in court...witnessing to the birth parents...and wondering why they couldn't put the children first. Times of anger when the birth parents would accuse us of untrue things. Times of wondering if we could ever get the girls to straighten up. Lots and Lots more....we are so blessed to have these kids in our lives! We are so blessed to have a fair judge who can see what's best for the children in our county. But most of all we have a fair and loving God! There were so many times that I could not for the life of me understand why things were taking so long....and one day the case worker called and said we have a date for the adoption of all 5 kids...at one time!! God was answering all of my prayers....the answer was WAIT!! So I many times I pray and expect an answer...now...I never expect "wait"....looking back I can see so many times where the answer was "wait".....but I was not still and quiet in my heart...not trusting in Him. This has been such a time of growth and learning...I am blessed to tears!

2 comments:

  1. it is hard to believe the kids have been with you for so long, i sometimes forget they aren't really "ours" yet. God said they belong in your family and that is what matters most. you are a blessing to these kids everyday! through thick and thin you have been there, only a mother's heart can survive something like that. all we're waiting on now is a paper!!! i love ya , have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,
    I am so happy for you! Those kids are so lucky to have you!! And I know you feel it is vice versa. :-)

    ReplyDelete