Monday, October 25, 2010

This Weekend

This weekend went so fast! Saturday we visited with friends, built a hay maize at church, at McDonalds...just hung out. It was nice. Then Sunday came....it looked to be a great day! We actually got up on time to get ready for church. We go to the early service at 8:00 a.m. So we have to get all 9 of us up, fed, and dressed by 7:30. This is not always easy...LOL...Well, I got everyone ready to go...they were fed, the little girls had matching hair and both in red dresses...too cute...then it happened....just as we were getting ready to walk out the door.... I get sick! I started throwing up! I was SO mad! I REALLY wanted to attend church to be taught and just hear the Word...but I was sick! I made them all wait a few minutes, trying to be strong and pull myself together...but I just couldn't. So, off went hubby to church with the oldest child. I sent the rest (still dressed for church) upstairs to play so I could rest. I was determined to go to Sunday School....I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to teach my Sunday School class! When the time came to leave, I called hubby and told him we were on the way! I was still sick, but wasn't going to let the devil win this time...I got them all in the bus and looked at them...LOL....it looked as if they had been through a war! LOL...all the cute and neat children I had seen just an hour before...were gone...in their place were my real kids, you know, the ones who look as if they have no idea what a brush or matching shoes are...LOL...but were going...we get there and then God did His business! What a GREAT time I had! All my kids in my Sunday School class (5 yr olds) were very attentive and well behaved, and of course just the feeling you get when you are with fellow believers, there's nothing like that to minister to a person. I was happy!
Then we go home. Second to the oldest daughter started being bad when we were out at the park playing...then our favorite race car driver finished like 40 laps down..and the the real fun begins! My oldest daughter wants to ride her horse....the one she's scared of...the one she never does anything with...the one who doesn't even remember what a saddle is....that one. Long story short...I ended up holding the horses lead rope while hubby tries to saddle this huge animal...she spooked...hubby is yelling to me, don't let go...give me the rope!!! We didn't want to let her run with her rope as she could get hurt badly if she were to tangle up...Yes, I am a full grown woman, but still no match for a 2,000 lb. horse! I ended up letting go...I tried REALLY hard not to...I even have the battle woulds to prove it. I have my left hand FULL of bloody blisters and covered in rope burn. It feels like my hand is in a furnace! And I am still sick! LOL...UGH!! LOL...I am happy to be looking BACK on all of that and can look FORWARD to a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment