Friday, January 21, 2011

Frugal Friday

I have set aside Fridays to review my week and do a "frugal check"! This week was pretty good as far as being frugal goes!
* I made homemade pizza
* I made my own crafts, with all the "stuff" needed for each child in a zip bag, like you would get from oriental trading!
* I resisted buying new things
* I went through EACH and EVERY piece of clothing for all 7 kids and moved things around and was able to make a small detailed list of the needs we have.
* I am going to the thrift store to buy the things on this list (tomorrow) instead of buying new at the store.
* Hubby took our hinges and handles from our kitchen cupboards to work and ran them through a grinder thing (I'm ignorant...I know) and they look as good as new! Saving us a minimum of $60! I know this because we priced the cheapest ones at Lowe's :0)
* I cooked all meals...no going out here!!

I think all in all this was a pretty frugal week :0) I like to take the day to think about the week past and think about the week coming up. Trying to come up with new ways to save, but also writing it down weekly, the ways we didn't spend, helps keep me motivated and not bored with being frugal :0)

2 comments: