Friday, January 7, 2011

Frugal Fun!
















I have set Friday aside to think on frugal things....doing this will help me keep on track with trying to be frugal to get out of debt! A few frugal things this week were; grocery shopping... I went with CASH and a list... I kept track of what I was spending as I put things in the cart. I was shocked to see all that I got for $103! Another was fun....we have been feeling bad about not getting the kids "out" to have fun. They play outside daily....but it just seemed like we should take them "out". I threw that thought away and just plain old went outside WITH them...we had a ball! I do this very often...but this time I had it in mind that we were saving money by not thinking we needed to take them "out"...like to a movie, or McDonalds PlayPlace or something! I have stayed home all week...so no extra trips to the store...at all. That saved money as well :0) And we counted up all that we were able to put away (extra) to put towards debt and I think it was around $1,200! YEAH!!!

5 comments:

  1. wow that is a lots of saving, good job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great on the shopping. It looks like you all had a great time outside with them too! Good job.

    I just wanted to tell you that I have a school post up on the blog right now in the Little Arrows in Your Day series I am doing. Blessings, Christi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on your savings! Looks like you had fun in the snow! I wish we would get a little snow instead of rain, rain, rain so we could go outside little more too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Kim!! Awesome on the grocery shopping too. I have an idea for the whole going outside thing. How about sledding down a hill somewhere in your area. This is a day trip, and you can take a few thermos' of hot cocoa for everyone instead of getting any from McD's.

    Just an idea.

    You are doing so well! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops. Nevermind. It looks like you LIVE on a hill. Sorry about that! :-)

    ReplyDelete