Saturday, January 1, 2011

Date Night & Happy New Year!!

We NEVER leave our kids and go on a date...usually once a year....tops is three times a year...but last night (actually it was afternoon....LOL) my wonderful and loving hubby arranged to take me on a date!! We had so much fun! It was even adventurous!! We got pulled over....by two police cars with flashing lights!! We felt like criminals....my man lives on the edge....he had the wrong SHADE of the RIGHT color marker light on the passenger side!! LOL....have you EVER heard of getting pulled over for the wrong SHADE of a 2 inch light! The officer was very nice to us and I'm sure was just checking to See because it was New Years Eve. He never even asked us if we were drinking...as soon as he saw us he was making jokes and being funny. I think he must have been able to sense we are the most boring couple in the USA! LOL....It was funny!

Happy New Year! Hope everyone has a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I remember being pulled over a while ago for something silly like that. Mine was I forgot to turn my blinker on when turning. The car directly in front of my coming opposite was an officer and I noticed his headlight was out. When he came up to talk to me he told me he pulled me over because I didn't signal a turn. I asked him if that were any different than him having a front headlight out. At that he only said, well in the future try to remember!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes for a memorable and exciting date! Hope you had fun without the kids for a little while! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete