Thursday, November 4, 2010

Adoption Party!!

I am SHOCKED at how fast our adoption is approaching! I put off planing this party till the last minute because it overwhelms me! LOL...But once I get started with the planing it all goes fine. Just the thought of digging in makes my stomach turn! Enough of my wonderful friends and family have harped on me enough to start :0) I made a guest list, as well as an open invite to my church family. So, now I need to get invitations today and get to work on baking cookies and such. We are going to have around 110, I think....give or take. We may have more people from the church "drop in". I am having only finger foods as I can't do a meal! EEK! I have had many offers for help, so I think it will be ok. I am going to start gathering food and make a trip to Sam's for food and supplies. We are going to have a table decorated for their Life Books, a table decorated with information on it about foster care and adoption...and the life story of a child who is being adopted, a table with pics of the adopted kids, and another table with our "new" family stuff on it, like pics of all of us with the judge, all the kids together, and I'll have each child draw a pic of our new family and have them sign their "new" names! We are going to have organized games for the kids to play too! I hope it will all work out! Wish us luck!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it will be a wonderful time! What a wonderful way to start off your new family!!

    ReplyDelete