Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Frugal Food







Hubby hunts...a lot. He shot a small doe the other night. WE primarily eat only what we shoot. We do not buy meat, it is an expense we just don't want..and another bonus is that we know where our meat is coming from! We usually take it to the processors and get it ground and bagged...last year was $.79 a pound and we get around 7 deer done. (people give us the deer they shot to use). Rob was able to make a meat grinder from an old Cabella's hand crank meat grinder someone gave him. So we ground our own meat! We got 24 BIG bags of meat. I'd say they were about a pound and a half for each bag! Free meat is good meat!

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous! Sounds like your hubby is just like Todd ... can rig ANYTHING up! :-) Congrats! I'm so excited for you. Todd doesnt really believe in hunting deer, but I sure wish we had the meat! :-) I love venison.

    ReplyDelete