Friday, November 19, 2010

One More Day!

One more day until Adoption Day! I can hardly wait! It will be so nice to have all the people living here all have the last name...to be legally bind ed as a FAMILY....we can finally make the choices for all the kids....we are almost done! It's a dream come true! I fell so blessed that God saw us fit as parents for these amazing kids...it blesses me to tears. It also amazes me how He will work in spite of ME...I...Kim....and NOT worthy of such wonderful gifts, but yet here they are...and going to be my children forever...incredible.
The adoption will be so fun! We have invited about 17 people to join us at the court house. The county workers are throwing a pizza party for all the families after the adoptions are done. There are 8 children being adopted that day. 5 of them are by us. and the other three are being adopted one per family. My family are all going to wear coordinating outfits. The girls will wear a pink shirt under a white sweater and the boys will all wear tan or brown sweaters/shirts...and all of us are wearing dark bottoms...I think hubby is the only one who will wear navy pants, we will all wear black. I wanted to buy new matching outfits for all of us, but we couldn't afford it. So, we did the best we could with what we already have on hand. The kids will also get a adoption certificate, a gift from the county and we will get our picture taken with the judge. It Will be awesome!
On a sad note, in the paper yesterday it had one of the kids' birth father's name, offence, and charges (jail)....AGAIN! I'm so glad they don't have to live like that ever again!

2 comments:

  1. I want to see a family picture posted! Congrats, Kim!! I'm so excited for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five children!! This is wonderful. We're you doing foster care? I am trying to take the time looking through your posts about adoption but my children are making it nearly impossible!!!!!

    ReplyDelete