Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Homeschooling Day!












We LOVE homeschooling our kids! I thought it would be fun to post about a typical day of homeschooling at my house :0)
We do an online charter school, all the books and computers are free...they even pay for your Internet! We are really enjoying this school. Before this year we just did traditional homeschooling and liked that too. I just felt like I needed the support and I also couldn't afford the school books for all these kids!
Anyway....we wake up early and the kids watch shows and visit until the little girl I babysit gets here around 7:40 a.m. Then we eat breakfast at 8:00. Before we eat we always sing "This Is The Day" together and pray :0) After we eat we all do chores and meet for "circle time" at 9:00...during circle time we sing LOTS of songs from my full size Scholastic Flip Chart...we talk about whatever topic the preschoolers are doing...like we are doing the 5 senses right now...then we do our pledges to the Christian Flag and the pledge to the Bible, and devotions. After that we split off....littles go and play in the playroom upstairs, and I sit and work with my kindergartner...while bigs do independent work (they work until 11:00 a.m. or so)...my kindergartner is done around 10:30 for a break and then I sit with the preschoolers for their lessons. We all break at 11:30 for play and lunch. After lunch we clean up, littles nap/rest and I then sit down and work with the 3rd graders...5th grader is working on her own. At about 2:30 the 3rd graders are done and I sit with the 5th grader for her subjects she wants help with. After that I finish with the kindergartner as her rest time is over. After school we have animal chores, dinner to make, showers to take, and playing with Daddy! Our days are full...but we make time for fun! Sometimes we take time off in the morning to go play with another family, and then we will make up our work Saturday morning. We also do fun things like do experiments, read books, the girls do hair and nails...play outside...hunt...We feel so blessed to be able to be home all together!!



No comments:

Post a Comment