Friday, November 5, 2010

Bad News, Growin' Up, and Chicken Poop!

What a title! Well, I'll start with the bad news....rob shot a Big doe last night, but couldn't find it! He was so deflated. It was incredibly sad! He got a shot that would kill, but it was just too dark to find her after waiting the recommended 3 hours before tracking.

The growing up part....this is a BIG one for me! After Rob waited the three hours to track his deer, he bundled up the two oldest children to go help him.This means that they are growing up!!! I never thought the kids would help do something like that...at night...in the rain...in the DARK...where the bears, coyotes, bobcats, foxes, and such are!!! We had a long talk with the kids about safety and what to do if they run into a bear or other wild beast! Not one of my favorite talks to have! My kids are VERY used to the woods and wilderness in the day light! They know our woods and adventure there often....but not like this! they were so proud and excited to help Daddy. We prayed together and then off they all went on four wheelers to the woods! They came back an hour later...with no deer. Ty walked in the door and said (In Ty fashion) "you;ll never believe what I went through!" ...proud as a peacock, he told me all about it! He fell in the creek, got his face scratched by thorns...Ash fell in a hole up to her hip! They went on and on....soaking wet...and HAPPY! Yes, they are REALLY upset they didn't find the deer....rob will look this morning and will probably find it in the day light so Long as a bear didn't eat it first. But, if you could imagine a proud Daddy...that was my hubby! The kids were tough, and didn't whine, and were learning about the thing Rob LOVES....hunting! Go kids!!

Lastly, for the chicken poop thing! I got up at 1:30 a.m. to let the dog out..and after I let him back in...I turned around and stepped in something cold and wet...it was dark and I was MAD! So, one one foot I hopped to the kitchen and turned on the light...to discover it was chicken poop! ARGG! I had to scrub my foot...then my hands....then the floor...then my hands...the entire time I am thinking about making chicken for dinner the next night! Then the dog finally decided to eat his dinner...and I was softening...the dog is 13 and sometimes doesn't eat anymore...so I waited and watched my beloved pet eat...when he was done I went to bed...still a little mad about the poop thing...then I heard the dog attempting the stairs...it's so hard for him...So I was praying for him to make it all the way up...otherwise Rob would get up and carry him the rest of the way. And soon I was just talking with God...and not mad about the poop anymore. It's funny how I can let silly things make me so mad! It was a check for my heart...to calm down and let things be! One of the kids tracked in the poop on their boots after helping their dad...how could I be mad! How could I be mad that the kids love their chickens so much they are so tame and all those dumb birds want to do is come in the house! If you leave the door open for even a minute extra a chicken will find it's way into the house! I can't even tell you how many times I have been seen chasing a chicken around inside the house! Not my idea a fun! But, it's time I accept this way of life...hunting, and chicken poop, little kids and big kids....thank you, God, for my lot in life!

2 comments:

  1. Your life really IS a blessing...chicken poo and all...(((HUGS)))

    Did DH find the doe??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my life is a blessing....it is hard at times to see all the animals and the messes they make as a blessings....but they truley are! Dh is not home yet...it is 11:00 a.m....so I'm not sure if he found it or not! Praying so!

    ReplyDelete