Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Confessions and Repentance


Proverbs 28:13

" He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy."


God gives us just what we need when we need it...during my prayer time this morning I was asking God to forgive me of my sins, but I seemed to just "lump" them all together...things have been busy and I realized that I was not confessing and asking for forgiveness at the TIME I committed sin....you know, snapped at someone, had a mean or judgmental thought...things like this...I know how wrong it is to not confess right away and ask forgiveness...but have fallen out of the "habit", so to speak. God brought me this verse this morning...and I am thankful :0)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kim, that's so wonderful.

    Confession in the moment is so incredibly relationship-with-God-building, and something I easily forget if not constantly asking for it!

    I'm so happy you brought this up. Much has changed since I had some ugly thought or action and stopped in my tracks..confessed, gave God my sin and asked for forgiveness and help...something about "at the end of the day trying to remember the 20 times I swore under my breath or thought ugly of someone or something or yelled or complained" just not making an impact with my heart..yet, if I confess at the moment, it makes me FACE my sin..ASK for help, REALIZE what I'm doing and hopefully be more accountable to try to have more self control before doing it again!

    Your blog is a blessing to me..thank you sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,

    You are right. We are supposed to ask forgiveness for sin immediately and not wait, but sometimes, I too fail in this regard. However, I am working on this. Thank you for the kind reminder.

    -Lady Rose


    P.S.I am really enjoying your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies...I was faced with this just today...seems I move on to the next thing so fast that repentance is forgotten in the moment...needs work :0) He's still working on me :0)

    ReplyDelete