Monday, March 14, 2011

Mom's Tools

I have a few things that I use ALL the time...they are my favorite things....the things I couldn't "live" without...LOL...
1. My Bible....of course to study, grow, and teach!

2. My Muck boots....they are so tall, warm, and dry! They are the best chore boots ever! I "share" my pair with my two oldest kids...really they just steal 'em from me! LOL

3. My pizza cutter....I use it to cut pretty much everything the kids eat! I can cut up a pancake, waffle, fried egg...etc...in no time at all!

4. My "jump rope"... I have a bright blue jump rope that has funky polka dot ribbons tied on...one end of the rope has a big loop to go around my arm or just to hang onto...then the littles hang on to the loops and we are safe and sound as we shop...the rule is to not let go of the rope...no matter what...and we have really made out very well with this method :0)

5. Mt timer...I use my timer for TONS of stuff...fixing the coal fire, kids reading, kids math, my computer time, chores, cooking...etc...it's so very handy!

Those are only 5 of the things that make my day easier and more organized (at least in my head!)...what are your favorite "tools"??

3 comments:

  1. Awesome post! Let me think on the things I use most..guess we don't even pay much mind, we just run to them out of second nature!

    I'll be back later and let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Washer and Dryer. I do not have anything fancy, but usually wash between 2-6 loads a day (depending if it's diaper day and or sheet day for which child) and my old faithful just keeps on rockin' away.

    2) My really, really large, really deep, oven proof covered skillet. I got it for about $20 from Costco, and use it nearly every day for something.

    3) My cheap hand held shower head. I have extremely thick hair, and it makes it so much easier to put it right to my scalp!

    4) My Dollar Tree pill organizers. They are double sided for 2-week use, but I just label them with everyone's name, and then put in the vitamins and supplements for each family member once per week. It's great and handy and I can keep vitamins up and out of sight and out of reach of little ones.

    5) My range. When we bought this house, and totally being the non-splurge type, we splurged and put in a Viking 6 burner stove/convection oven. This gets put to use daily, often up to 3-5 times. It's precise, and worth every penny.

    What a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list!! Thanks for sharing :0) Your range sounds AWESOME!
    We have a hand held mickey mouse shower head the kids use, it's a water saver...

    ReplyDelete