Friday, March 18, 2011

Don't miss it!


I just had a conversation with my good friend today about her oldest son...he's doing "man" things on the farm now...he's growing up...FAST! Just the other day it seems as if he were 2 years old and telling me all about tractors and begging for pb & j....time goes by so quickly. It has hit me like a ton of bricks today....my kids will grow up. The days are now full of potty training, runny noses, teaching kids to share....but soon it will change. I want to REMEMBER to be intentional about holding tight to all of these moments, these memories....before they are gone. Someday they will not need me as much...someday they will make their own choices about important things....someday they will have more dangerous activities (like farming, hunting, mechanics...etc..)....my boys will grow and gravitate towards these things...with their father...I am so glad he is a good christian man who will train them in the ways of the Lord while teaching them these trades...and my girls will gravitate towards me and the skills I can teach them. Am I up for the job? Soon enough I will have to find out...these younger years matter and the training we do is just building up to when they are big...and independent....just mind blowing...who would have thought....I don't want to miss it!!

1 comment:

  1. You are SO right...Wednesday morning..about 6:35, I was reflecting on that moment...our oldest son, Jackson, was born at 6:35-14 years ago that morning...

    He is much a young man now. He is growing in Christ, and such a blessing to us. His personality challenges us at times, but what a young man he is learning to be.

    He will be getting his drivers permit in the fall..he is such a family contributor and we are so grateful to be allowed to be his parents.

    I turn around and they are growing...no more baby girl in my oldest...it's very sad and very powerfully exciting all at the same time.

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete