Saturday, March 12, 2011

God's Deliverance!

The little man pictured in my last post is so sick...and God is so good and delivered my young son from death yesterday. Little man always gets respiratory problems when he gets sick...and we give him a few nebulaizor treatments and all is well. Yesterday was worse that it had ever been...his eyes were purple underneath and pouring water...he could barely breathe. I was doing his treatments and praying for healing over him...then he couldn't breathe...AT ALL! It was terrifying! I tried for over a minute to get my Little man to breath again...finally by taking him out in the cold air his airway opened enough for him to breath. Later I took him to the Dr. for further treatment. As soon as they saw him they were concerned...taking his pulse, it was RACING...he had a fever...and still could barely breath! Right away they gave him steroids and 2 heavy duty breathing treatments... The Dr. told me it was very serious and I should take him to the Er...then decided against it. They sent us home with 4 Rx's! The Dr. told me to stay awake all night and watch him, and to give him breathing treatments every 3 hours, as he could stop breathing. It was VERY scary until about 2 am....he would sit straight up in our bed and try to scream and grab at his throat because he couldn't breath well. At about 2 am his fever broke and he settled in...he seems ok toady. The Dr. called before 7:00 am this morning to make sure he was Ok....talk about a great Dr!! She told me to expect bad nights for a short while as she thinks his breathing will get worse at night. So we are going to continue to watch him VERY closely! It was the most scary mommy moment I have EVER had...when he couldn't breath..I was screaming out to God to spare my son...it's not like he was choking and we could dislodge something....his airway was shut...to see his little face looking at me with wild eyes....it seemed like it was FOREVER! It was a long time though...it was long enough for me to scream, cry, pound his back (pointless, I know, but it was a reaction) and get him outside and then it wasn't right away that he was breathing...in this time my daughter had enough time to call her dad at work! Talk about seeing God...He gives and He takes away. I really do see this for the truth that it is.. there was no rhyme or reason to why He spared my Little man's life...He could have brought him home...but He let him stay with my for who knows how long....I see now we have no time limit...or no unlimited time to spend...His sovereignty is amazing....He shows me little by little who He really is...and it makes me stand in awe! I thank God .

6 comments:

  1. Kim,

    I'm thankful that the Lord spared your son, and I am sorry that you had to face this type of scary momement.

    Please keep us updated about your son's health.

    Take care Dear Mother.

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary. I'll pray for your little guy.

    many blessings,
    tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing worse than not being able to breathe. I am praying for him, as well as you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much for the prayers...he is doing some better now. He had some rough times through the night...but he kept on breathing...again, thank you for the prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying for your little guy, (as well as your nerves at this point..I have found when we are most worried about our children, we ourselves can be worried to the brink of making ourselves unhealthy!) and I'm happy to hear he is doing better. So sorry to hear he has been so sick..Poor sweet guy.

    Please keep us updated on how he is doing!

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete