Monday, March 28, 2011

I've Been Tagged



My friend Andrea, from Rightthinker (http://andreamomm.blogspot.com/) tagged me for a meme about my kitchen :0) Sounds like fun!


1) Do you have magnets on your frig?

Yes, we have 3, I think. One is pretty and the other two are measurement magnets for baking that my mom got for me for Christmas.


2) Do you have a calender in the kitchen, and if so, what's the theme?

Nope, I don't have one in the kitchen...my kitchen is small and doesn't have much wall space. I have my calender in the dining room, and it's has pretty nature pictures and scripture for each month. Ashley got it for me for Christmas :0)


3) What is your favorite kitchen gadget or tool?

My favorite kitchen tool is my pizza cutter! I use that sucker for almost everything that needs cut! It is so fast and easy to use...LOL...I would be LOST without it! Ok...maybe not LOST, but it is nice :0)


4) Are you lucky enough to have a pantry of some kind?

Yes, I am that lucky! LOL

I have a small built in pantry in the kitchen for baking supplies and then I have a large walk in pantry off of the dining room. It is a re purposed mud room...we have had to make rooms into other rooms....LOL...


5) What is your favorite appliance?

Hmmm.... I guess my coffee pot? I love them all so much! But I R.E.A.L.L.Y ...really....really....LOVE coffee :)


6) Do you have an eat-in kitchen?

No. Our kitchen is very small, but open. We eat in our dining room. It is right next to the kitchen...it's all open, so kind of maybe??


7) Do you have a breadbox?

We did, but recently we put it in the attic. we wanted the extra counter space. So, we now keep our bread in a cupboard. The breadbox we did use was one my husband made in high school!


8) Do you have pictures of your kids on the fridge?

Nope. My husband is a "neat nick" and can't stand "stuff" on the fridge...LOL..


9) Do you ever cook breakfast in your PJ'S

Not for the most part...but sometimes on the weekend I do :0)

Hey...taking it slow is a good thing from time to time, right?


10) Do you have a favorite cookbook?

Not a cookbook that I bought, but yes. When I was pregnant with my first child I took all of my MIL's cookbooks that had my husbands favorite recipes from when he was growing up and wrote them all in a notebook. This is the cookbook I most often use. But now, I mostly cook/bake from memory.


11) Are you lucky enough to have recipes that were passed down from grandmother to mother?

Some....


12) What's your favorite thing to cook?

I don't think I have a favorite thing to cook....I guess I would say anything that made my husband smile :0)


13) Is your coffee pot electric or stove top?

electric


14) Do you make your own bread?

I make bread often, but not for everyday. I make it to go with dinner a few times a week :0)


15) Does your kitchen have a theme?

Not really...It is very springy....it has lots of cream and light green...bright and cheery!


16) Is there a clock in your kitchen?

Yes...there are 4! One on the wall, the coffee pot, the oven, and the microwave! WOW!


17) Do you have a bowl of fruit on the table or counter?

NO! We have adopted 5 kids and one of them is a food hoarder, so we have a dead bolt on our pantry...all food is in there...and most leftovers get frozen to give away to another family right after dinner.


18) What type of canisters do you have?

none...not enough space!


19) Name one thing you have hanging on the wall in your kitchen?

I have a large cream colored metal heart from Hobby Lobby.


20) What's for supper tonight?

Not sure yet...we are kind of sick...maybe meatballs in the crock pot?


21) Do you have enough cabinet space?

We manage just fine. We don't have much...but I think if I had more, I would just fill it p with more stuff!


22) Does your family use paper plates?

On occasion....like when we get them free with pizza or something...and sometimes for picnics...but we don't buy them.


23) Do you have a good set of china packed up?

no...sadly, I do not.


24) Do you wear an apron to work in the kitchen?

Not as often as I should...but yes sometimes I do :0) I have the cutes apron made mt the Amish :0)


25) Name one thing you would change about your kitchen if you could?

Nothing :0) My husband and I just made over my little kitchen....so I am pleased with it!!

3 comments:

  1. How fun, what a beautiful kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful kitchen, Kim! I love it! Sorry to read you are sick..hope you are on the mend very soon...take an easy day with your kiddos!

    Thanks a lot for participating! It was fun and I loved being "in your kitchen" this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim,

    I loved seeing the pictures of your kitchen! It reminds me of mine - not much counter or wall space, as it opens right next to the family room.

    I wanted to "tag" you for this post, but I didn't want to "hog" all the ladies that I like to visit as being "tagged" on my blog for this meme, ha! :)

    Anyway, it was fun reading about your kitchen. I hope that you and your family get better soon.

    Blessings,

    -LR

    ReplyDelete