Thursday, March 3, 2011

What Kind Of Wife Am I?

Proverbs 21:9
"Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife."

I have asked myself this question lately..."What kind of wife am I?" I pray daily that the Lord will show me how to be a better wife to my wonderful husband. Recently we have been having a hard time with some of our adopted kids and I have been a bit in the "dumps"...he said to me last night, that he NEEDED me to be OK, that he NEEDED me to be happy and not upset or even depressed...he NEEDS to be able to come home to a cheerful wife, not a perfect home, or well behaved kids...but a well behaved ME! WOW! He even offered to cook dinner, do wash, care for kids so I can have a break...of course, I will not have him do those things...he just worked HARD for 10 hours! But, my point is, that's how much he NEEDS me....he really does, it is important to him to have my attention, for me to have a joyful attitude, and not a selfish way about me. I can no longer go around thinking how "hard" things are for ME....my eyes are to focus on God and what He has blessed me with. I get so wrapped up in my own life and just brought my husband down too! It really opened my eyes as to another part of my role as wife...he needs for me not to just "do" things...be needs me to "be" something...and that is a Godly wife! Yes, we still have issues in life and always will...but I need to put them where they belong. This wife has learned her lesson and will make sure my husband has what he needs....a cheerful wife!

3 comments:

  1. I so understand this post! My husband is like yours and has the same needs!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO very true...for all of us, I'm sure.

    Please take comfort that we all go through these times of up's and down's with our motivation and having a blurry focus. It's never an easy task to do the best thing, the most selfless thing, etc.

    I am so glad you two have one another to weather the up's and down's together. How blessed we are to have men of character who desire our very best!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim,

    My husband is the same with me. He is more concerned about me being a happy and well contented wife than he is with having a clean house.

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete