Friday, January 30, 2009

Frugal doing for Friday

Today's frugal doing is about "juice"...we go through a lot of drinks, and we do drink plain water, but we also like something else too. DS has ADHD (so they tell me...lol...he is unmedicated and fine if you ask me :0)....anyways, we don't use regular "kool-aide" because of the sugar and we don't drink a lot of fruit juice (we do at breakfast)...so we use the generic brand of Crystal Lite drink mix. What I do is mix the little packet that makes 2 qts with 4 qts of water. We get double for our buck :) We really like it this way! We think the drink mix made properly tastes too thick...we only do this with grape and cranberry flavors, as the others taste a little watered down. I do mix the other flavors with 3 qts of water, so it's still frugal! :)

Here's a picture of the little man who "made" this jug of drink :)

And for good measure I am including a picture of the curtain I got at the thrift store yesterday. I love it and think it makes my kitchen cheery during this LONG and COLD winter! And it was only $1! I took the curtains off the other window in the kitchen as I only had one "new" curtain...and it lets in SOOOO much more sunlight...we we desperately need! so, I'm happy :)
Have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment