Saturday, January 17, 2009

Staying Warm


Today was a pretty lazy day. We mostly tried to stay warm! This morning our water was frozen so DH had to brave the below 0 temps and climb down the well box with a torch to defrost our pipes! then he had to brave the weather to work on tractors...while we stayed home and hunkered down to stay warm! I did a little bit of cleaning and whole lot of "dreaming" of what my house could be with a little TLC from me! I worked on a spring table runner and thought of some more things to make to decorate for Spring. I LOVE decorating for the seasons, but don't have much to work with. I also don't have a lot of money to spend on that as it is not a necessity. Any ideas are VERY welcome! hope you all are staying warm and cozy! Have a great day tomorrow as it is the Lord's day! It is our first 8:00 am service at church...(we always went at 10:30)....so that should be interesting!
~Kim

2 comments:

  1. Kim,
    Thank you for your encouraging post on my blog! :-) I was also thinking about how I could better decorate my home with little money. I crochet, and have a whole lot of yarn laying around, so I think I am going to be busy in my downtime making things. I saw you are making a runner. Do you sew, knit, crochet? You could get fabric or yarn potentially from freecycle or craigslist, then make beautiful things for your home. Just an idea. Stay warm!
    Shellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by :) I think it is such an important lesson to teach daughters...to make a home beautiful with the things you already have on hand! I like to hand embroider, and sew...I have no clue how to knit or crochet...maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete