Monday, January 26, 2009

Wise words

Well, things have been pretty laid back around here...not much going on.
With 5 kids living here...things tend to get a little out of hand (speaking of toys), so DH decided it was time for some rearranging. that was really fun! We sent DD up to CLEAN her room and take out any trash and dirty clothes and such. She is 8, and a pack rat, so you do the math...her room was not tidy, even though she is required to clean it up daily! She had dirty socks in toy totes, scraps of paper everywhere...etc... So, after a few hours of "cleaning" she's done! She comes down to the kitchen and was BEAMING....like she had done he BEST job ever! She told us she not only cleaned her room, but decorated it too by rearranging her Nick knacks, music boxes and things like that. Earlier in the day we talked about what her "dream room" would look like, she told me, but still I had my "own", adult, picture in mind. As we are walking up the stairs she said "Mommy, it is just like my dream room!". I almost expected to walk into the room I envisioned as my "dream room"...FOR HER....but was let down as I walked in...how AWFUL of me! She worked her little heart out...and I am SO proud of her! Of course I NEVER let on for a second that it was not my "dream room" for her...and DH and I went back to the kitchen and left her to lay on her bed and enjoy her "new" room. When we got down there, I was asking him what he thought....he said to me..."that room is beautiful in her eyes"...WOW! Why didn't I see it that way, am I that critical? DH gently told me that we often expect our kids to live up to our adult standards and that they can't as they are just kids. Is my home somone elses "dream home"? Probably not....but it is beautiful in my eyes!
Now I want to back up a bit....my hubby is so smart and seems to always have an answer to my questions (he IS my "dream man"! )....so one day on the way home from town I was just thanking God for such a smart hubby who could always answer my questions. After I got home I asked him something...and he said " I don't know"...well, I laughed so hard I thought I would die...he didn't understand what was so funny...so I told him my praise, and then he got it! Well, I was sharing my husbands wise words with a friend, and I shared with him later that night how appreciative I am of him and how he so gently corrects me, and he was then worried what would come next...as the last time I praised him for knowing the answers to questions, he had no answer....! LOL I couldn't explain this nearly as funny as it was....sorry :) Trust me ....it was funny!
That leads me to my last thought for this post....we as wives should really be listening to our husbands and allowing them to gently correct us...this is submission, and it is biblical. I'm so grateful to have a leader for a husband, I trust him with ALL things and would never doubt him. If more wives would put that faith in their own husbands, I think more marriages would last. There seems to be a huge power struggle going on in marriages today. We each have our place, a place that God gave us, and we are to honor and LOVE our husbands....not just when we agree or it is easy to do, bu ALL day, EVERYDAY! So ladies, start today and LOVE your man as the Bible tells us we should!
Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. Kim,

    Here is the link to the steak and gravy recipe: http://www.recipezaar.com/Country-Fried-Steak-Gravy-Paula-Deen-166364 I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!

    I completely agree with your thoughts about wives following their husbands! You are so right, if women would follow the Bible, there would be a lot less marriage problems. It is not always easy but it is the right thing for us Christian wives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel, I'll be making this for my hubby! He will love it :)

    ReplyDelete