Thursday, January 29, 2009

Frugal Recipe: Meatroll

First of all, as I am "re-inspired" to be frugal, I thought I would post for a week about a few frugal things I already do! This first post is about my husbands favorite meal. Most of the kids like it too, I think there was one who didn't like it. It is called "meatroll"...there's no "real" recipe...so here goes. First you make your favorite biscuit recipe (above)...I make a double batch.

Then, you roll it into a big rectangle, spread a little cream of mushroom (condensed still) on the biscuit and sprinkle cooked, ground meat (I use venison) on...

roll it up like a jelly roll


slice and put on a greased cookie sheet



bake at 450 for about 20 mins and serve with cream of mushroom soup on top! EASY! and very yummy! Hope you enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. hey that looks good!  have you ever put cheese in it? i was wondering.  i'll have to show this to mike i'll bet he would like it.  you are awesome!  bye

    ReplyDelete