Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Shortcomings and a plan!

(this is what is on my buffet in my diningroom)

So, lately the Lord has been putting on my heart some of my shortcomings...there are many! But today I want to talk about the fact that I am not able to get done all that I should in a day. The Bible tells us many thigns that we are supposed to be and be able to do. I know God would have not had them written if they were not important and should be done. SOME being...helpmeets to our husbands, loving our husbands, loving our children and not provoking them, teaching them, being keepers at home, being slow to anger, being quiet and meek, having a gentle tounge, and being the wonderful Proverbs:31 woman!!! How do we do it all???? This is where I am at!
But I can only take one "bite" at a time...lol...I am a simple creature. So, for now, I am wondering why am I living is such chaos and why is my house not under conrol! Ok... I KNOW I homeschool, and do foster care and babysit...but SO WHAT! That is not an excuse to be in such disorder...God says things should be done in a perfect order....and that's not here! LOL
It seems everywhere I look there are books, papers, toys, dirty dishes in the sink...etc... and that's all ok, but I need a plan!
What should my plan be??? I don't know!!!
Here's a goal: 4:00 am...wake up with hubby for coffee and fellowship :)
5:00 am....devotion and Bible reading
5:45 am.....shower and dress, see the ones who are up
Ok...this I do daily right now,,,so I can handle this part...lol... from here on out, it will be tricky!
6:15-6:45...my computer time, and email
6:45-7:00...start waking the ones who are big and need to be up
7:00-7:30...feed them all!
7:30-8:00...get baby up and around...and sometime in there my babysitting has started with a 2 yr old!
8:00-8:45..preschool with those who are that age, others do chores and dress
8:45-9:00..morning corner (devotions and pray, stories, before school)
9:00-11:00...school with older kids...need to do something different with little ones
11:00-12:00 lunch, break, little ones take naps
12:00-2:00 finish school
2:00-2:30 clean up house and grade papers
2:30~ Rob gets home...we ALL stop what we are doing to greet him
2:30-3:00 this time is ALWAYS devoted to Rob, I get his coffee and listen to his day
3:00-8:00~ kids, dinner, clean up....family time!
SO...that sounds like a full day, right??? Did you notice there is NO time left for chores, or other people..???? I could so this in the evening, but Rob does not want me to take family time to clean and do any chores that I don't have to. We also have foster kids in public school, so I need to spend time with her too..... and this is all that the Lord has sent my way, so I know it is all what I need to do, so I can't really cut any of that out... This will take some tweaking! Wish me luck!


In His Service,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. that is such a cool pic. You are a precious child of God, a wonderful wife and mother, sister and best friend!!!! You work so hard and do such a great job!!! We should all be trying to do better and be better for God's glory, huh? You inspire me!! Have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete