Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Law & Order...

I must confess something to you... I am not an organized person! I have lots of good ideas and do a lot of organizing....lots of times! LOL...but it never stays that way! I have no ORDER in my homekeeping and that should be against the LAW...lol...it seems as if my life feels like a mess when things look like this! Ok...so, this is a little tour of our "family laundry room"....but only part of the family clothes are in here...there's mine, 3 kids, and DH's....so 2 of the other kids clothes are put elsewhere. DH built me this room so I could have a place to easily take care of our wash as at the time he was working 3rd shift and someone was always napping upstairs and our laundry was never getting done. This pic is of our dresser where the underwear and socks are kept for some of us.

this is the floor where I keep extra diapers and you can see a bit of our shelves...SCARY!!!



This is DH's shelves and my pj's and sweatshirts are in there too. We also keep the scales on a shelf because some kids like to weight themselves every 5 minutes and we were going through scale batteries like mad!




After about 15 minutes I got it all cleaned up! 15 minutes!! that blew me away! This room has bothered me for months and it only took 15 mins! all the kids were either working on school or taking a nap....easy! I think this has shown me that if I schedule time a little better I could get more done and that I also need to stay on top of these small things better! I need ORDER!!!

this pic is of DH's shelves, and yes, I did re-fold all the clothes behind the curtain :)




And here I cleaned off the dresser and re-folded the clothes. I got rid of two garbage bags of clothes and a bag of trash. I also cleaned up the floor so all that is on it now is DIAPERS and WIPES!!! That's all that is supposed to be there as I need to be able to get to them quickly!!! sometimes things get pretty messy! LOL :)

Doing this has inspired me to keep moving and organizing things! As I do this I will share pics so you can see how I am going to TRY to gain some LAW & ORDER!

Have a blessed day!



No comments:

Post a Comment