Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Frugal homeschooling


Hello! Well, I spent the day trying to figure out how to cut and paste html so I can't put pictures where I want them on this blog and for some odd reason my cut and paste will not work! So, this post will not be all that I wish it could :(

Anyways, I will share another passion that I have....FRUGALITY! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being frugal and finding new ways to save money! DH works so hard for the little bit of money we have...don't get me wrong...the Lord has blessed us more than we could ever hop for, but I like to be a good steward of what He has blessed us with!

One of the ways I like to be frugal in is creating atmosphere for our school "area"....which happens to be my dining room! LOL....The picture posted above is of the current bulletin board that we have up. It is simply coloring sheets cut out and some of those punch out letters that you can get for a dollar and use forever! I like to do this for our bulletin board as it is basically free and easy! When we want to change it (monthly) I can just throw it all away. It is a pain to store bulletin board stuff and have it not get damaged!

We also like to hang things from our ceiling...above the table where we work...like for Christmas I had snowflakes hanging...again these were coloring sheets cut out.

Like I said before...since I couldn't post the pics I wanted I can't really go on much more...although there is much more I would like to share,,,,but I kinda need to show you pics to get the "point" across....so I will save that for another day I guess....


Kim

4 comments:

  1. hey, sorry it did'nt work out. your pic looks great! can't wait to see the rest! bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love frugality. I am in a season in life where I have no choice, but it works well for me because I have always loved being frugal! :-) Thank you for your encouragement on my blog, I will try some of your ideas.
    Shellie - One Christian Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim,

    Just wanted to say thanks for commenting on my blog. glad you enjoy it- sometimes I feel rather dull, but eventually I'll get to some interesting topics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks ladies! I'm so glad to have someone "over" to my blog...lol... :)

    kim

    ReplyDelete