Thursday, January 15, 2009

Life's Sweetest Moments

Here is a picture of my son enjoying ice cream last night

These are our two foster sons...aren't they cute??

The reason for the title of this post is the fact that I so often miss life's sweetest moments! Yesterday was a really rough day for me.... I'm not usually grumpy...but man, I was yesterday! It seemed as if NOTHING was going my way. My husband made some decisions about Church that were hard to get used to, the computer wouldn't work, the house needed cleaning and on and on and on,,,,the baby is sick...and on and on and on....Then by chance the kids were asking what could they have for dessert?? I pulled out the ice cream treats as that was what was easy for me :) (my daughter wasn't here and we have a teen girl too...but she wouldn't want her pic posted..lol..) Well, it just turned my night around to see how much fun that little bit of a treat caused! The kids were all giggles and laughs, and they were all a mess! Hubby and I got a kick out the baby eating his ice cream by himself for the first time! Which leads me to another point...the Bible days life is but a vapor...it goes by so quickly! Why did I waste all that time being grumpy yesterday?? Why didn't I see the Lord's blessings? Those grumpy moments are going to be etched into my kids' memories....do I really want them to think of me as that mom?? NO! What legacy do I want to leave with them?? Not that one! So, from this day on I am going to devote more time to my kiddos and REALLY look for the "sweet moments" in life! I hope you will do so too! Have a blessed day!!
~ Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment