Thursday, December 2, 2010

Anger...why??

James 1:19-20
" My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for mans anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires."


Aren't they beautiful? How could I be so angry? I don't know. It seems like I am a snapping turtle lately! Over-reacting to small things, snapping at the children, being irritable. Not good. I am now seeing this overflow into the lives of my kids! They are all in trouble, hurting each other, yelling at each other. This is not how I want my house to run. I'm not sure if it's the stress from the Holidays, the tight budget, tons of school work, sick kids and sick hubby and I....it doesn't matter one bit....this is wrong. God got a hold of my heart yesterday, and it felt so good to dig into the word and see what He had to say about anger. I am praying today will be much different. I only get the privilege to raise these kids for a short time, I am wasting it. He blessed me with 5 children to adopt, am I acting grateful? He blessed me with a warm home, and I whine it's too small, He blessed me with some money for Christmas gifts, and I worry it's not enough, He blessed me with my children being home schooled, I whine it's too hard and there's no time for it all....you get the picture. I am in a bad spot right now...or should I say, WAS in a bad spot. God really worked in my heart...I am so thankful for these convictions I have right now...this is a growing time, and a time to rejoice! God is in control, and I don't need to try to pretend I am!

Proverbs 14:16-28
Ecclesiastes 7:9
Proverbs 16:32

No comments:

Post a Comment