Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Pantry & Something Funny!











I have been busy around the house this last week! So far, I have completely cleaned out the girl's room, the boy's room, the upstairs hallway/play area, the pantry, and the TOY BOX! Oh...a closet and the old frig too. It feels good to have things getting back to their normal order....it's not perfect or pretty...but functionable! I call myself the "comfort queen"... I go for comfortable/functionalbe things over fashionable things...that's just me :0) I like things to look nice, and pretty...but am not very good at doing it, nor do I want to spend a lot of time or money on things like that...it is not important to Rob, so I can't justify the time or money spent in that area. I feel blessed to have a big pantry full of food to eat! I am thinking about "food storage" so that we have more on hand... so I don't have to make a big shopping trip weekly. As it is now, if I go a day or two over the weekly trip we start to run out of things. This doesn't really work for us, as life can be crazy and I may not be able to get to the store weekly! Anyway....this is my pantry...God has blessed us with much!
OK...for the funny...at least funny to me...my 3 yr old still jabbers a bit...and my oldest daughter made cupcakes for dessert last night...and colton was calling them "buttcakes"....LOL...he was TRYING to say "CUPcake"....but each time we had him try it would come out "buttcake"....he couldn't figure out why we were all laughing, because to him..he said it right! LOL...kids keep ya young at heart, I guess!

2 comments:

  1. haha buttcakes:-) maybe if we ate too many of cupcake we would call them buttcake too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too cute. I love it when kids try saying something and it doesn't come out right. I even find myself talking to them the way they talk. For so long Mary would say sunny instead of funny and I still stay sunny to her when I want to say funny. They find it great fun.

    I too am not into decorating. I need practical, functional, and cheap. And I love a full pantry because grocery shopping wrecks havoc on me!

    ReplyDelete